An Insight into Content Marketing
Marketing is the core of any business and if you run a successful marketing campaign, your business is bound to be successful. As a marketer, it’s always good to ensure that your strategic insights, opinions, and tactical activities are supported by data. It is therefore important to keep yourself updated with the recent content of marketing related data points and research to ensure you are running a successful content marketing campaign.
Before we go to all this, let’s see what content marketing is. There are different definitions of content marketing by different organizations, but all of them sum up to one. Content marketing is any marketing technique where published content and media are used to influence the buyer’s behaviour and stimulate action leading to a commercial relationship. In the barest of terms, content marketing is marketing with intent using content and SEO to raise awareness, engage and convert.
Some examples of this are:
- Infographics: Long graphs which include statistic such as graphs, charts and other information. This is an effective form of Content Marketing as it can last for years and be passed around everywhere.
- Webpages: A webpage which is content marketing is generally a website offering a free and useful service which has been viewed hundreds of time and because of this it is bringing in customers.
- Podcasts: Having a podcast can get your name out there and if it appeals to the correct audience and you are offering a free service to these listeners which they like then they could buy your other products.
- Videos: This is similar to a podcast however it also needs to be visually appealing to the audience. If your audience likes your videos it is likely they will buy your product which could lead to a large amount of sales.
All of these examples are useful forms of content marketing which if done right you could improve the reach of your business and then because of this improve your profit you are making. These methods however do rely on you knowing more about your target market so that you can target your audience more directly
Content marketing can never be successful without data. The marketer will be risking doing guesswork rather than actually knowing the behaviour of their target audience. Starting content marketing without data is flying blind and the result is a fail. If the content marketing strategy is to be efficient, it has to be data-driven. This helps the marketer save money and time by focusing on the right content that will bring them closer to their goals.
There are different ways in which data can help improve your content marketing strategy: –
- Understanding the target audience
This is one of the core reasons why you should invest in a data-driven content marketing strategy. The success of any content marketing strategy is measured by how close to the brand it brings the audience, and the analysis of the data available helps the marketer draft more relevant personas which helps in customising the content to the target audience.
- Content discovery and delivery
Coming up with content ideas is a process that can be quite challenging especially for small teams. Looking at the available data closely helps the marketer create content that fits their goals. Data can be part of content discovery through keywords research,competitor analysis, content performance and monitoring latest trends.
It is paramount that the marketer delivers their content to their audience via their preferred formats and channels. This requires analysis of different key areas. There are different questions to be answered when coming up with content marketing strategy. However, the use of data can provide the answers to all these questions. The rise of real-time data is a rising trend, and that it helps the marketer become more responsive to their content.
Overall Content Marketing is a useful way to sell your product or your service to an audience through other means of content such as videos,podcasts and even websites. However in order to do this you need to also have enough data about your target market in order for Content Marketing to be effective.
If you have any questions or want to make an enquiry, please contact us by calling the number above or fill out our contact form to request a call back.