This is why we love Sheffield
Sheffield has been voted the happiest city in the UK by beating of competition of locations such as Brighton, Edinburgh and Cardiff.
We strongly agree with the verdict because of five simple reasons:
- Sheffield is the birth place of the great actor, Sean Bean.
- You may associate the man who stole from the rich to give to the poor with Nottingham, but Robin of Loxley (Robin Hood) actually hails from Sheffield. This same spirit still holds true, with 72 per cent of people from Sheffield getting great feeling from doing good things for others.
- More people in Sheffield feel good about themselves at the age of 55-plus than any other city.
- The Full Monty which was filmed in Sheffield. How many other UK cities can say they have an undying link to one of the great movies of 1997?
- Last summer may feel a long time ago although the entire world will always remember the exploits of Sheffield-born Olympic hero Jessica Ennis CBE.
If you would like to see more examples of why Sheffield is so great, please follow the link below.