Happiest City Sheffield – the votes are in and we are again the happiest city in the UK
by beating off competition of locations such as Brighton, Edinburgh and Cardiff.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
We strongly agree with the verdict because of five simple reasons:
- Sheffield is the birth place of the great actor, Sean Bean.
- You may associate the man who stole from the rich to give to the poor with Nottingham, but Robin of Loxley (Robin Hood) actually hails from Sheffield. This same spirit still holds true, with 72 per cent of people from Sheffield getting great feeling from doing good things for others.
- Sheffield people love to tell you about our 3 football teams, not 2. We have Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield FC. The latter was founded in 1857 is the oldest existing club.
- Sheffield is green. We have more than 250 parks, woodlands and gardens in the city. These contain some 4.5 millions trees, and you will see from news articles that we are very protective about our trees. Many people move to Sheffield simply for the outdoors lifestyle achievable whilst living in the bustle of a large city.
- More people in the Happiest City Sheffield feel good about themselves at the age of 55-plus than any other city.
- The Full Monty which was filmed in Sheffield. How many other UK cities can say they have an undying link to one of the great movies of 1997?
- Last summer may feel a long time ago although the entire world will always remember the exploits of Sheffield-born Olympic hero Jessica Ennis CBE.
If you would like to see more examples of why Sheffield is so great, please follow the link below to the Metro Top 10 Reasons.
If you would like to have a chat about why we love Sheffield so much, give us a call today.