Top Tips To Help You Get The Most From Direct Mailing Lists
Direct mailing lists provide you with an excellent way to conduct a test of your market relatively quickly and at a reasonable cost.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
At BDP, we are the only UK independent data owner. We are recognised globally for our B2B direct mail data sales. We ensure that all our business data has been cross-referenced with Companies House to confirm all companies are currently trading and that the Registered Addresses, Senior Decision Maker information and selections such as employee sizes are correct.
Using Direct Mail has plenty of advantages:
- You can target individual recipients accurately – by addressing mailings to personal contacts.
- You can create a precise campaign to fit your exact budget.
- Direct Mail can have a quick turnaround – with a small campaign to a niche audience; you can purchase data; design and develop materials (letter, flyer, and postcard), send out your campaign and start to get results.
How would you like ten new clients?
On average, businesses receive 14 pieces of Direct Mail per week and therefore, welcome personalised direct Mail which is relevant and addressed to the recipient – this is why 77% of all direct Mail is opened and read – and businesses are attracting up to 10 new clients each month.
Marketing Tips for your Direct Mailing Lists
As an excellent form of communication, we have listed here our best marketing tips for Direct Mail campaigns. Some of the areas include continuous scanning in order of importance.
Headline – always include a headline that entices your client to read further. Outline here what the outcome success will be for your potential client. It has come to our attention that headlines on direct mail campaigns have much more impact when they appear after the first sentence and a 1/3 of the way down the page.
PS – 90% of people read the PS first (or second after the heading)! It comes at the very bottom of the letter underneath a signature, and its where you should include your call-to-action. Tell the potential client what you would like them to do with the information you have sent to them.
Dear – personalise for each letter. People do not read messages that have the attention of the Dear householder, Dear sir/madam, Dear member, Dear business owner, Dear person that will buy my product/service. You are considerably diminishing your possibility of striking up any relationship with the intended recipient.
Bullet Points – (or bold type) this enables your client to quickly run through the essential points to ensure they read further. We would suggest six bullet points or six highlighted short sections throughout your letter as a maximum. Expand on your most valid points.
Signature – Always include a personal name and contact number in your signature. People buy from people. Therefore, the great idea is to keep your profiles updated online to enable companies to look you up. These contact details could also include a phone number and email address just in case companies want to contact you through other methods. Even with a signature and name its puts away the spam look email because you are to be proving it’s you and your company.
Test Campaigns for Optimum Results
You can test different offers/approaches – by splitting down your data into segments.
- You can try different offers, and you will find one that works better than another. Use the best mailing, and then always try to better the results in your next campaign. Eventually, you will start to receive improved responses on each posting.
- You can send out your campaign again to the same individuals – with slightly different material and still achieve impressive results. Most industry experts say that companies do not produce enough benefits out of their resources.
- You will always have plenty of prospects – use your imagination to think of new niche industries for your business; there are 100’s that will have never been brought to your competitor’s attention.
Always ensure that you target a specific market that is relevant to the industry and/or company profile within your direct mailing list.
B2B Data can be segmented by geographic location, industry, financial records, no. of employees, multiple locations and also job titles. By doing this, it can help you to ensure that you target a specific market.
If you have any questions or want to make an enquiry, please contact us by calling the number above or fill out our contact form to request a call-back.