Be careful when coming across free email lists!
When you buy email data you can quite easily be swayed by the cheaper price. After all, it’s just a spreadsheet, right? Can you really trust a data company selling their business data at a cheap price, or a company offering free email lists?
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
The below tweet sums up a question we often get asked, before a potential client tells us that they’ve found data elsewhere. This is disappointing, especially when the same person comes back to us, within a few weeks, explaining that the free email data they found elsewhere is a complete waste of their time.
Your quote is a bit high - can you do it at a lower cost? pic.twitter.com/pGzctie89j— Kelly Vaughn 🐞 (@kvlly) July 29, 2019
Credit: Kelly Vaughn, @kvlly on twitter.
Essential email data checklist
Here’s a quick top 10 checklist to consider when a company is offering free or cheap data:
- Do they have an ICO registration?
- What are their GDPR policies?
- What is their address?
- Is it in the UK, on google maps, a proper business?
- What is their telephone number?
- Can you be put through to them or do they always have to ring you back?
- Is it their own data or are they a broker?
- Where does the data come from?
- How can they guarantee this?
- When was the data last updated? Is it all personal contact details?
For a more lengthy version, read below…
Beware of misleading business data providers
Beware of misleading business data providers online, selling cheap B2B data or free email lists. As the No.1 leading agency in business data, we have been around for 10+ years and here is a quick snapshot of feedback we receive from customers:
- “I was very pleased by the level of service provided to Thomson Reuters by BDP. I would not hesitate in using BDP again.” – Thomson Reuters
- “We have recently used BDP’s services to acquire a list of estate agents near Bristol. The data was received quickly and is top quality.” – Signable
- “I definitely recommend using this company, staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly. They are secure and follow all the guidelines of GDPR.” – Property Ladder Group
How data providers will mislead you…
Firstly, companies will often target BDP, using our pricing as an example to reel you in. They will explain how they have the cheapest data in the industry and that you are only overpaying by coming to an agency such as BDP. So our advice is to be wary of what you are being promised, please do not hesitate to contact us if you are being swayed by pushy sales teams providing cheap data. As this will only lead to disappointment and unnecessary costs. Furthermore, we often have people coming back to us explaining the awful quality of their cheap database and end up purchasing from us. Therefore they now have one effective database generating them business, and another out of date database sat there leaving a hole in their pocket.
Overall, databases sold by some companies and various websites will only lead to disappointment. Whilst the reduced cost per record and no minimum orders may seem tempting, the truth behind the database will be far less appealing. Finally, you will start to realise the inefficiency of working with an out of date database. Therefore please consider the quality of the database you have hopes of receiving, and then the reality of what data you will receive instead.
Unique Email Lists
Next here is some information on the quality of our data and why we are unique in comparison to every other data broker in the UK.
- We are a data owner, we do not broker data.
- We believe in quality over quantity when it comes to business data.
- Bespoke built databases to suit your marketing campaign.
- We use 5 different methods of checks and validations in order to guarantee the most up to date data available.
- 100% Guarantee (only provider in the industry that can confidently offer this guarantee)
- 100% Free of Charge Delivery (our competitors charge delivery fees)
- We help you to target your target market so you get the most out of your B2B data.
- 100% Account Management
- Highest Ranked Customer Service Performance
- 96% Client Retention Year on Year
Quality of our data
As you can see, we take the quality of data extremely seriously. We know from over 10+ years the true value of accurate and up-to-date data. It should be at the top of your list when planning for a campaign. Do not get burnt by a company offering cheap prices. If it seems too good to be true, most likely, it is too good to be true. So avoid free email lists and free business data in general. Furthermore, for high quality, accurate and effective email data, make sure to give us a call today when you buy data.
Do you have any more questions about the quality of our data? Well our account managers are always more than happy to discuss and answer your questions and concerns. As well as running a same-day data count and quotation to see exactly what data we have available to your campaigns requirements. Therefore give our team a call today; you can reach us on the number at the top of this page. If you would prefer a call back from a member of our team, feel free to leave your contact information on our contact page and a member of our dedicated team will be in touch shortly.