Licensing UK Mailing Lists
B2B Businesses without a UK marketing mailing list of personal contacts within businesses, will lose so much when it comes to reaching their target audience. Market Research carried out by BDP show that emails sent to mailing list with personal contact details is far more effective over a 12-month period, building interest through targeting groups and segmenting further through response.
There are two ways of implementing UK mailing lists into your business. You can either build one which takes considerable time or licence one from a data company. If you decide to licence a B2B marketing data list, here are some things you should consider:
- Know your target Defining your target market is crucial when it comes to licensing a UK B2B mailing list. First, determine your exact audience, keeping in mind being very specific about the mailing list you want to licence. Relevant mailing lists boost your overall response rate and can lead to significant business growth. Knowing who your target is will also help you to tailor any marketing you do to appeal to them and their needs as a business.
- Don’t be afraid to enquire When searching for a mailing list to licence, speak to the salesperson directly, a conversation will be much more enlightening than a game of email tennis, however it is vital to document the final discussions via email to establish the exact order being placed before proceeding with licensing the business data.
The salesperson will tell you what they have, so don’t be afraid to ask questions. When asking questions focus on important issues such as data legality, guarantees, data sources, legal issues and other tangible issues.
- Take it slowly and do it properly Avoid licensing mailing lists which could contain unqualified, unsegmented data and simply millions of records, even if you think your business needs them. This will have a negative impact on your brand overall, as not everyone will have a legitimate interest in your products or service. When engaging with them, keep in mind the laws of your industry so as not to harm your brand’s image with illegal or bad data. Again, licensing UK mailing lists from a reputable company is important for the development of your company.
- Be specific When you contact data companies, be very specific about what you want. Provide the needed information and ask about the quality and completeness of the data as doing this will improve the quality of the data you want and there will be no confusion.
- Ensure the data is of a high quality When purchasing data you should make sure you are buying data which is of a high quality and has good usage over data which you can only use once and could not work for your company. At BDP we supply you with email data which has a usage of 24 times over 12 months whilst other companies offer a usage of 12 time over 12 months. When buying your data you want to make sure that you get the most out of your money and don’t want to be to be repurchasing data due to it being bad data.
Licensing a UK mailing list is something which significantly increases the effectiveness of your brand and ROI. If you are not in a position to build your mailing list, licensing a B2B mailing list is a great option, the above tips will help you get the best one for your business.
Here at BDP Agency we have a wide range of up to date B2B data which we build bespoke based on your needs as a company.
If you have any questions or want to make an enquiry, please contact us by calling the number above or fill out our contact form to request a call back.